Find out more about SUSMAGPRO, meet the partners and get involved at various events
This free online seminar for users of magnets and magnet entailing parts, organised by the SUSMAGPRO consortium, explored project solutions for Rare Earth magnet recycling and production in Europe.
It tackled questions such as:
- What quantity of recycled magnets are already available today and in which quality/material mix?
- What capacity can be achieved within the next 5-10 years?
- What are the challenges, benefits and impacts when it comes to recycling permanent magnets?
- How could industry support, for example with Design for Recycling, take-back schemes?
The event featured keynote speeches from the project coordinator Prof. Carlo Burkhardt of Pforzheim University, as well as from materials and magnet manufacturers and techno-economic assessment and design for recycling experts in the consortium.
- Welcome and Introduction of Participants
- Overview of the Magnet Recycling Landscape - Prof. Carlo Burkhardt, Pforzhim University, Germany
- HPMS Recycling - Prof. Allan Walton, University of Birmingham, UK
- Production of Sintered Magnets from Recycled Materials - Dr. Milana Karajić, Magneti Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Production of SDS Magnets from Recycled Materials - Dr. Johannes Maurath, MIMplus Technologies, Germany
- Techno-Economic and Life Cycle Assessment - Dr. René Kleijn, Leiden University, Netherlands
- Challenges of Designing Motos for Re-use and Recycling focusse on Magnet Aspects - Dr. David Moule, ZF Group, UK
- Q&A Session